Monday, August 25, 2008

Whom Do You Call Stupid

Before I was baptized with the Holy Spirit in 1970 , I was reading the story of the plagues in Egypt and the demise of pharaoh [Exodus7 till Exodus 14], I thought that pharaoh was very stupid.
After all, even though he had experienced the miracles and having seen the power of the Lord with the Israelites, he still wanted to pursue them through the Red Sea. Did he never get the Lord's message to let them go ?
Now however, I am reminded how stupid I have been myself, not perceiving a clear message from the Lord about my overeating. This is what happened ;
Clazina my departed wife, who always took excellent care of me, made me daily a good lunch in a brown paper bag, which I took to work every morning. I would eat it around noon, but then walk to the closest fried chicken place to get a 2 piece snack. Of course I did not tell Clazina about this because I knew she would disapprove strongly.
So this went on for quite some time and I grew slowly fatter. One day, the chicken place had a good low priced special on a 4 piece meal and I could not resist [unbiblical according to 1Cor.10:13]
I took the box with chicken to a nearby park and sat down at a bench with a table.
Amazingly, as soon as I placed the box with chicken on the table, a strong small tornado[whirlwind] lifted my box up in the air and it went over the tree tops. ! Then it fell down about 50 meters away on the paved road.
I went to pick up the broken box and cleaned up the spilled out pieces of chicken and still ate them !
Obviously I did not get the Lord's message that I should not be eating so much. This to my shame and own hurt, because I became grossly over weight and now suffer from high blood pressure and diabetes
The Lord has forgiven me because I did repent and in His mercy He still let me become eighty years 0ld. I have learned my lesson, not to be too hasty to think someone else stupid. We might be prone ourselves to make the same mistakes.From the elderly bridge playing people I have learned to say however; " we elderly do not make stupid mistakes any longer. We only have some senior moments "
Yours truly, Johannes G Weiss

No comments: